Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Bracelet

I am a caregiver. A wife, mother, daughter, and nurse. My life has been in service to everyone.....else. My turning point came last when my mother died. She had been sick for many years. Always 1 step away from dying. She had her first heart attack in her 50's (My father had died at age 42 from a massive heart attack). She had recovered only to have another. She had her 2nd major heart attack the day my husband and kids had gone to the fair. It was the first time we had been out of the house to do anything as a family, in probably 2 years. Well, I never left the house again. It was devastating to me. I felt horrible guilt. So, her care was our focus. Then she died. I had to deal with the loss of her and my reason for, well, everything. I suddenly had so much free time. No trips to the doctor, pharmacy, hospital, therapist, or lengthy daily visits.



It has taken a year to begin to come into my own. This includes doing things just for me. When I began this journey, I ordered a bracelet to wear. To remind me on a daily basis, that I need to come first. It says:
I Do This For Me

This immediately became the "It's all about you" bracelet. My husband teased my all the time about it. So I ordered him one too. It's to remind him of what's really important. It says: 

I Do This For Nyght




No comments:

Post a Comment